Marketing Your Home
How do potential buyers first find out about your home?
- 36% from their Realtor®
- 24% from the internet
- 15% from yard signs
- Remaining sources are 7% or less
How do buyers conduct on-going searches real estate?
- 9 out of 10 buyers use a Realtor® to help in their search.
- Use of the internet has increase from 2% in 1995 to 92% in 2009
- The next largest source is of information for buyers is a yard sign – 71%
The key to all marketing is to drive potential buyers to this website where they will see your home.
Top 10 Ways We Market Your Home
- Cable TV Advertising
- Home Staging (if needed)
- Realtor Connections – fax out directly after listing to all local offices
- Remax Home site – Colour slide show
- Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Virtual Tour
- Large Yard Sign
- Brochure – Colour Feature sheet
- Open Houses
Television Advertising: Your home will be placed on our local T.V. Network in colour with all the listings details and valuable information for any potential buyers to see.
Toll Free Number: This is a must have for all my clients so that those potential out of town buyers who live in Vancouver, L.A., England, etc. can call anytime with no charge to them. It really can make a difference because studies show that buyers do not like paying long distance charges.
Home Staging: A good first impression is so important when selling your home. Making sure your home is ready to sell is truly the best marketing dollars spent. When your home shows well, Realtors® like to bring their buyers through and potential buyers feel they are getting more value for their dollar. The more potential buyers to see your home, the faster an offer comes in. We will work with you to help you “set the stage” and put your best “home” forward.
Photography: Take a look at our interior and exterior photos – you will see the difference between a wide angled photo and a cheap point and shoot camera. I use a high-end digital camera and a wide angled lens to take great pictures. The better your photos look on-line over the internet the more people will want to view your home. The more buyers to see your home, the faster an offer comes in. Great photos is key… to selling your home.
Realtor Connections: We make sure to maximize your exposure to all of the Quinte District Realtors® via fax or email directly to their offices to be posted right on the companies bulletin board. RE/MAX Quinte is one of the top real estate listing and selling brokerages in Quinte. When you list your real estate with a RE/MAX Realtor® you get the entire RE/MAX Team working for you.
Multiple Listing Service: This is the System used by all internet users to find homes based on their search criteria. Your home will appear on realtor.ca with the maximum number of photos, home details and descriptions.
Virtual Tour via YouTube: This allows internet users to get a good feel for your home before they see it in person.
Yard Sign: I use a very high quality large yard sign and at times an upgraded white post sign and place the sign as close to the roadway as possible for maximum exposure. This website address is listed to direct potential buyers to photographs of your home and we list our phone number to ensure that any interested parties reach us immediately and directly.
Weekly Real Estate Paper: Your home will be featured in every issue of the Quinte Real Estate Paper (Real Estate Today)
Brochure: A full colour brochure is available so that potential buyers and Realtors® who view your home can take one with them.
Open Houses: With your permission, we like to do a minimum of one open house. Further open houses are discussed with each home owner and really depend on your lifestyle and your home’s location.
Tips For Preparing Your Home For Showings
- Tidy up the grounds, porches and garage. Keep the lawn trimmed and edged. Make sure that your yard is clean. If you are showing in the winter make sure snow is cleared and walkways are clear of ice.
- Your front door adds to that first impression – be sure it is scrubbed or repainted if necessary.
- Wash windows and clean/dust window coverings.
- If any decorating or painting is needed (especially in the kitchen), do it now! Forty dollars worth of paint will make a much larger difference in the sales price.
- Bathrooms help sell homes. Make them sparkle.
- Illumination is like a welcome sign. Replace bulbs and turn on the lights for all showings.
- Wash dishes, make beds, put away clothes and straighten up.
- Keep pets out of the way during showings – many people are allergic.
- Leave the showing to the salesperson. The salesperson knows the buyer’s requirements and can best emphasize the features of your home. If possible, leave the house during a showing.
- Don’t discuss anything about the sale with a potential customer. Let your Realtor® discuss price, terms, possession and other items concerning the sale. Your Realtor® is qualified to bring negotiations to a favorable conclusion.
- Never apologize for appearance, it either distracts or accentuates the problem.
- Pack away valuables; store extra furniture, knick-knacks, and medicines.
- Look at your home objectively. Pretend you are seeing it for the first time, through a buyer’s eyes.